Rants, Musings, and Mental Meanderings of a former Conservative Christian Mother. Standing Strong against ignorance, preconceptions, labels and excessive housework. Celebrating original thought, religious freedom, parenthood, free enterprise and chocolate.

Thursday, May 15, 2008

On a lighter (and somewhat sicker) note...

Okay, all of this deep thinking and probing introspection is tiring. So, I am taking a break with some mean-spirited frivolity to tick off the few people I haven't managed to offend yet.

The California Supreme Court overturned the ban on same-sex marriage (HT: Ben in his Red Shirt), but sadly this news came too late for some couples, such as the one pictured below. Although deeply in love with each other almost as much as with themselves, they find themselves already trapped in the bitter bondage of heterosexual monogamy. If only they were still single and lived in California now. *sigh* Oh, but what might have been...


Oh wait, wasn't it already legal in Massachusetts?!!? Didn't Kerry know this? Oh wait, he was already married. Life, however fabulous Edward's hair may be, just is not fair.

3 comments:

JBBGirl said...

I don't know who these stinking judges think they are...from the likes of it I would say DICTATORS. Heck with what the majority votes for we are just going to do whatever the HECK we want cause we think we can! This kind of Crap is what is going to RUIN the US and it's system. Can you tell I am just a "Little" PO'd about this? Phil and I are trying everything in our power to get out of this LOUSY state before God does decide to make Nevada & AZ Ocean front property! It is beautiful here but none of that is worth the RUDE people (there I said it) that live here or their Crazy Hippies and GAYS! Yeah! I am homophobic or what ever "Phobia" you want to call me just because I don't agree with a certain lifestyle. Well, that is my rant. I am just sick of this State and well, this is a SICK state too! LOL!

Angela said...

I know the Kerry/Edwards gay jokes are so used up and stale, but I just couldn't help it. It still makes me laugh, and darn it this is my blog.

Anyways, Jess, in answer to your statement that they can call us homophobic, I don't consider myself homophobic. I am not scared of them, and a phobia is an intense, irrational fear. I think this label is slapped on us to make us appear paranoid and ignorant. The fact is, the gay lifestyle is prohibited within the guidelines of my faith. Period. I don't hate them, I don't fear them, I just can't condone them or support their lifestyle. And I ESPECIALLY do not want them forcing their agenda down my throat or down my kids' throat, as the militant gay activists like to do. My religion also prohibits premarital sex, but does that mean I hate or am afraid of people who are living together? (Would that make me a fornicatophobe? Hmm...) There are so many other religions whose beliefs are catered to, but when it comes to Christians, there is a huge collective eye-rolling at our "backwards intolerance." Give me a break. If they want to form lasting, lifelong relationships, fine. Just don't call it marriage. GET YOUR OWN LEGAL TERM. Leave ours alone.

Sissy said...

Love the Pics!!