Rants, Musings, and Mental Meanderings of a former Conservative Christian Mother. Standing Strong against ignorance, preconceptions, labels and excessive housework. Celebrating original thought, religious freedom, parenthood, free enterprise and chocolate.

Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Welcome! Now, about that title...

Hee, hee. I get a lot of "Nice blog, but what's up with that title!??!" It's based on the phrase, "A woman needs a man like a fish needs a bicycle." This feminist slogan is often attributed to the esteemed leader in the feminist movement, Gloria Steinem. She actually heard the phrase from Irina Dunn, who, ironically, says she based it on another saying, "Man needs God like a fish needs a bicycle." Aside from illustrating that feminists lack the ability to form a creative or original thought, I believe both sayings have led many a man and woman into a life of emptiness and a lack of fulfillment. This fish needs her bicycle, whether in reference to my God or to my man. Beyond needing them, my entire life purpose is wrapped up in my relationship with them and their love for me.

So that's it. Hope that clears up the confusion. Oh, and welcome!! ;0)

2 comments:

Teacherbug said...

Hey Ang! How's it going?
Nice blog!

Angela said...

Hello Nicole! Thanks for stopping by!